Yesterday, I presented in one of the Momentum at EMC World sessions in which I talked about the use of capture in a distributed environment. While a large percentage of documents are often processed in a central facility, a fair number of paper document transactions start remotely. This could be an employee at a bank branch office opening up a new customer account, an insurance agent in the field taking care of a claim, or the interaction with partners/advisors where paper is often part of the process. Regardless of the situation, a paper transaction that starts remotely is best handled where it originates rather than having documents mailed in for processing.
Okay, so I’m following up on my blog posting last week about getting ready for Momentum at EMC World. The energy is definitely building and as we prepare for what I expect to be an outstanding conference, I wanted to share a few final thoughts and suggestions.
As in past years, there is no shortage of sessions to attend – over 500 for the entire EMC World and 100+ that are specifically around EMC Documentum, xCP, Captiva and Document Sciences. Probably the best thing about EMC World is the informal meetings and conversations that we all have. People we’ve talked with in the past but maybe never had an opportunity to meet in person.
Are you ready for Momentum at EMC World? The conference runs May 21st-24th and is in Las Vegas once again. There is a lothappening that week and I wanted to give just some of the highlights you can expect:
- General Session and Keynote sessions with Joe Tucci, Rick Devenuti and other EMC executive thought leaders
- Enjoy 100+ EMC Documentum, xCP, Captiva and Document Sciences
- Learn about new features and product roadmaps
- Explore and experiment in hands-on sessions
- The Solutions Pavilion with 100+ partner exhibits
- Thousands of peers from around the world
- Outstanding entertainment and networking events
We may be wrapping up 2011 and Momentum Las Vegas 2012 is several months away (May 21 – 24, 2012), but that does not mean planning for our biggest event next year (Momentum 2012) is not going on now.
While EMC employees deliver a lot of the content at Momentum and EMC World, some of the most interesting topics and sessions are the ones that customers deliver. Customers who attend Momentum at EMC World want to hear from EMC on the strategy and vision, and the latest technologies and solutions. But they also want to hear from their peers. What worked..what didn’t…what kind of ROI did they achieve.
With that said, if you are an EMC IIG customer who has a great story to tell at Momentum 2012, then now is the time to submit your topic for consideration for the Momentum conference to be held at EMC World, May 21 – 24, 2012 in Las Vegas. If you are a partner and would like to submit a topic on behalf of your customer(s), definitely submit the topic for consideration. The deadline for submission is January 5, 2012.
Click here to submit your topic for consideration and present at the upcoming conference. The chosen presenters will receive a complimentary pass to attend EMC World (registration value of $1,995).
Here’s are a just a few examples on what other EMC IIG customers presented last year:
- Insurance company detailed how they used the new EMC Captiva InputAccel .NET SDK to create a custom import module from any source.
- Healthcare organization delivered a session on how they improved their revenue cycle with applied business process improvements coupled with an executable enterprise content management strategy. They detailed their Healthcare Content Strategy and what their results were post implementation.
- An EMC customer presented on how they automated their accounts payable operations by applying advanced image capture and workflow to centralize and streamline AP operations globally.
I look forward to seeing many of you again at EMC World.